Filed under Feature, Showcase

Why Pioneer?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why Pioneer?

Pioneer High School has a staggering number of 1,900 students with more incoming. There is no question as to why students decide to attend this school as it contains great academics, amazing music and art programs, and awesome sports teams. Here at Pioneer teachers and staff work hard every day to make sure every student reaches their potential. Pioneer also has many resources surrounding schools don’t have including the Study Center, Career Center and Writing Center.

Compared to other schools in the district, Pioneer has some of the best advantages academically. In the last year, Pioneer’s average SAT scores have bested both Huron and skylines, with there numbers of 1175 and 1132 to our average score of 1186. But that’s not where it stops. Pioneer has a total of 28 AP classes used to test students skills and knowledge, helping them get into college and prepare for their lives after. At Pioneer every student is challenged to do their best by the motivated new staff, coming from other schools left and right, to accommodate the recent influx of students to Pioneer. But don’t let that invalidate the experienced teachers that have been here for a while filled with passion, teaching generation after generation.

Pioneer’s art and music programs have astonished many people from band and orchestra to drawing and painting. Pioneer contains many art programs that other Ann Arbor schools don’t have including, Jewelry and Metalwork Design were you can learn how to make your own jewelry, a drawing class where you can learn how to draw better, Digital Photography were you can learn how to take amazing pictures and lots more. Pioneer also offers many music classes including four bands, four orchestras, and four choirs. This school helps students develop musically and artistically, because of all the opportunities its programs bring, like winning a Grammy Gold Awards or getting your art placed in Los Gatos, a museum where students from high schools can get their art recognized.

Another division Pioneer excels in is sports. Many of our athletes are already committed to colleges around the nation. Our athletes train almost every day to represent Pioneer and to one day be the best. Although some of the teams have experienced losses in the past few years, the large numbers of talented incoming athletes will guarantee a lot more wins. Many athletes choose to come to Pioneer for its excellent coaching staff “,” For instance, Community High School students participate in almost all teams. Pioneer has a total of 36 sports teams including golf, equestrian, and event bowling, for all genders. It’s clear why so many students choose to come to Pioneer.

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

Stay Healthy this Flu Season

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

Ending the ‘truant officer’ stereotype Brieloff approaches truancy with empathy

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

Petruv loves the beauty he sees in a basketball court

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

Pioneer gets spooky: The Halloween Costumes of Pioneer

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

A Month for Everyone: National Novel Writing Month club encourages students to write

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

Hats at Pioneer: an In-Depth Look

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

Pioneer Lacrosse Team Looking For a Successful Upcoming Season

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

New Ideas to Reduce Academic Stress

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

BSU grows at Pioneer

• Why Pioneer?

Feature

People of Pioneer: Lillian Davidson-Walshe

Why Pioneer?